What is GATE exam?
Indian Engineering Service/Engineering Service Examination is conducted by UPSC for technical function of the Government of India
What is the eligibility Criteria for GATE?
Candidates applying for the examination should have a degree in Engineering & Final year students in engineering can apply
Is there any limits on no. of. attempts for GATE?
No, there is not any limits on no.of attempts
What is the age limits for GATE ?
No Age limits
How to apply for GATE ?
Candidates are required to apply only on online using the link http://appsgate.iitr.ac.in/.
What is the fee for applying GATE ?
Gen and OBC Male Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 1500/- , Women Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 750/- and SC/ST/PD Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 750/-.
What will be the cut off for prelims?
It will be around 25-45% of total marks and also vary according to the average marks of the candidates.
How to prepare for the test?
We MODELEXAM® providing you free mock test and PREMIUM Mock Test, you can take practice Purchase our PREMIUM exams. Prepare according to the syllabus provided by IIT.
What documents are required for application form?
Scanned copy of photograph, signature, thumb impression and degree certificate or bonafide certificate for final year students by their college.
What is the mode of paying application fee?
Cash can be paid through online mode or cash on SBI bank with the download fee receipt.
Marks For Our Website:
- 1 mark for each question
- 0.33 negative mark for each question
- Pass – 60%
- Application opening date: 1st September 2017
- Application closing date: 4th October 2017
- Admit Card Download: 5th January 2017
- Exam Date: 3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th February 2018
Services/ Posts / Opportunities after GATE:
- For a postgraduation course (M.Tech, ME, MS etc)
- Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL)
- Central Electronics Ltd (CEL)
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
- Indian Oil Corporations
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
- Gas (India) Limited (GAIL)
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- Neyveli Lignite Corporation India Limited (NLCIL)
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC)
- National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC)
- Power Grid
- National Fertilizers Limited (NFL)
- West Bengal State Electricity Board (WBSEB)
- NBCC Ltd
- NTPC Limited
- Cabinet Secretariat, Govt of India
- Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL)
- Punjab State Transmission Corporation Limited (PSTCL)